(Duiker 356-358; Brians optional: 267-269, required: 270)
Questions about Duiker: *What were the main qualities sought for by Renaissance artists? *Describe the painting by Leonardo da Vinci illustrated in your book. *What was Michelangelo’s attitude toward the human body? *What is the subject of the ceiling paintings of the Sistine Chapel?
Questions about Leonardo da Vinci: What qualities does Leonardo claim for his own art in contrast to that of others? Why does he feel that perspective is important?
Question about Vasari: *How does this story illustrate typical Renaissance attitudes of artists toward their patrons?
- The Art of Renaissance Science: Galileo and Perspective
- St. Peter’s Cathedral and the Vatican
- Tour the Sistine Chapel (scroll down)
- Rome Reborn: How the City Came Back to Life
- Leonardo da Vinci Gallery
- Why is the Mona Lisa smiling?
- Michelangelo Buonnaroti
- Vasari: Lives of famous artists